Thursday, July 26, 2018

Thank you Skyworks

The extended version of my going away note to Skyworks, posted on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-mc-leu/)

My last day at Skyworks Solutions is August 3rd.  This difficult decision took a couple of months in the making, but we felt that it a move I had to make, for my family.  

I want to thank everyone on the team, locally and remotely (Both Michaels, Joseph, Lucy, and Arcelinda).  It wasn't always easy, especially dealing with me, but in the end, we always found a way to pull through and get the job done.  Thank you for all of your help and support.  You helped make me look better and smarter than I really am.  I also what to thank all my colleagues for the interesting conversations, basketball games, helping with projects, and making things more difficult at work!  I appreciate all the successful projects and learning opportunities, but more importantly, thank you for all of your friendships.  

I especially want to thank my manager (Pearl), Director (Bara), Singapore Logistics Manager (Adam), and our VP (Francisco) for your support, guidance over the past few years.  I want to thank Pearl for taking a chance on me three and a half years ago.  Although you're my manager, you've always treated me like an equal, and I greatly appreciate your guidance and trust in me.  I want to thank Bara for being the tough guy and putting me in my place.  It may seem that you're unreasonable at times, due to my inexperience, but in the end, it all made sense.  Thank you for all of the knowledge and skills you've taught me.  I want to thank Adam for your continued support, knowledge, and friendship during my time here.  You were always available to help answer any questions I had or assist with issues I dealt with.  Even though I only worked directly with Francisco a couple of times, I was still able to learn a lot from you just through our interactions and by observing.  It is often said that managers and management are what makes work enjoyable, and I can honestly say that this is an extraordinary group to work with and for which is what made me look forward to coming into work, on most days.  

Thank you, everyone, for everything!  I am grateful for my opportunity at Skyworks, and this will be a chapter of my life that I will never forget, but I am excited about my next adventure.  This will be an adventure that takes me to a different country, dealing with different cultures and challenges, but instead of seeing it as something to worry about, I want to view this as a once in a lifetime opportunity, not only for my family, career, but a great opportunity for me to learn more about my own heritage.  

I plan to document my journey, experience, and opinions along the way.  If you want to follow along on this journey, feel free to tag along for the adventure.  (abcincn.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment